Air Introduces the First Annual Later Life Lending Awards
11th October 2022: Air, the platform for later life lending professionals, has announced it will be hosting the UK’s first Later Life Lending Awards, taking place on the 01 December 2022.
The inaugural awards will honour the best of the best within the growing later life lending sector, across 15 different categories recognising those who work in lender, adviser, and legal roles, as well as a Lifetime Achievement Award [see list below].
Timed to celebrate Air’s 15-year anniversary, the event will be held at the same location – the British Motor Museum – the brand was originally launched at. Award-winning comedian Simon Evans (from BBC’s Live at the Apollo) will perform at the black-tie event with Alexis Conran (from Times Radio and the Real Hustle) acting as host. Funds raised on the night will be going to Silverline, a charity which works to tackle loneliness in the elderly.
Nominations open on 21 September, the longlist will then be announced, followed by an open industry vote to decide the shortlist. A distinguished panel of judges will then deliberate and decide the Winners and Commended recipients in each category.
Stuart Wilson, CEO at Air commented: “Within the later life lending sector we have some fantastic individuals and firms who consistently go the extra mile for their clients. As we are celebrating 15 years of supporting this sector, it seemed only right to mark this occasion by recognising those who have worked tirelessly to help it grow into the £150 billion market we recognise today.
“To be able to reflect over the last 15 years, the successes and the challenges as well as return to the venue where I launched Air back in 2007 is a fantastic circle of events. A lot has changed in that time, not only within the later life lending market, but as a society as well. From the 2008 housing market crash to Brexit and the Covid-19 pandemic and the current socio-economic climate, this industry has faced many up-hill battles, but the sector has persevered and come out stronger than ever.
“Taking the opportunity to celebrate excellence as well as the determination of individuals and firms within the market is something that we are delighted to facilitate. I am looking forward to the event and celebrating with industry colleagues ahead of the festive season, nominations are open now!”
The Later Life Lending Awards categories are:
- Best Later Life Provider
- Best Later Life Online Support
- Best Legal Firm
- Best Small Advisory Firm (2-5 advisers)
- Best Large Advisory Firm (+5 advisers)
- Later Life Adviser of the Year
- Later Life Newcomer of the Year
- Consumer Champion of the Year
- Underwriter of the Year
- BDM of the Year
- Network of the Year
- Back Office Support of the Year
- Best Adviser Support & Training
- Later Life Lending Innovation
- Lifetime Achievement
If you would like to nominate a colleague or company in one of the categories above or for further information about the Later Life Lending Awards, please use this link – www.airlaterlife.co.uk/awards2022
- Nominations open – 21 September 2022
- Longlist announced – 14 October 2022
- Voting opens – 17 October 2022
- Judging begins – 07 November 2022
- Black Tie Awards Evening – 01 December 2022
Notes to editors
For further information please contact:
- Rachel Westray, PR Manager at Key Group – email@example.com
- Lee Blackwell, Director of PR and PA at Key Group – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Andrews, Rostrum, +44 (0) 77152 67232 – email@example.com
With over 20,000 members, Air is the leading, later life lending platform. Enabled by technology, knowledge and people, Air offers advisers and lenders, best-in-class digital sourcing tools, personal performance development services, incentives and rewards programs, designed to help advisers and business grow within the later life lending sector.
Air comprises of:
- Air Club (the industry’s largest adviser-centre membership scheme)
- Air Sourcing (the leading later life sourcing tool),
- Air Academy (innovative CPD training provider),
- Air Marketing (helping advisers grow and promote their business)
- Air Ambassadors (connecting later life professionals)